Tuesday, January 1, 2013

twenty thirteen

via

2012 was fantastic. I turned 21, the age I thought would never come, I've grown closer to both of my parents, I got engaged... just to mention a few fun things from my year. It's been an extremely good year for the relationships in my life. 

2013 is finally here. The year I get married, the year I turn 22 (the most uneventful age ever, and it seems birthdays are just super important to me...), the year I choose to live simply and fully. 

I say this day after day, year after year: I'm going to start actually living my life. Stop planning so much and just take things as they come. But this year, I'm going to. I will have to, just to keep my wits about me. So many things will be changing over the course of the next year.. I'll need every bit of sanity I can get. 

I decided instead of making resolutions (which I never keep, and I'm pretty sure you don't either), I'm going to start each month with a new list of goals. Just a couple of new goals each month. January will start with reading Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone and focusing a little bit more on this blog. I get so much joy out of writing here, and I want to expand on it a bit more. I'm very excited for the prospect of making this blog (and hopefully After Your Heart) a priority. 

So here's to 2013, the year of living peacefully, blissfully and gratefully. 
This will be the best year yet. 

1 comment:

  1. One time, I actually did keep my New Year's resolution! I learned to solve the Rubik's Cube, and I still amaze people with my crazy skills! Yay, 8th grade me! :)

    ReplyDelete