Tuesday, May 28, 2013

I'm just not sure what to call this post.

Don't pay attention to my second toe. I know it's longer than my big toe. I KNOW. Also, Blake's swim trunks are Spider Man. I'm working on that one. 

This weekend was a great one. We spent a weekend away with his family at their lake house, and let me tell you - it was a much needed break! The past month has been nonstop crazy. I rarely complain about my busy schedule (although I'm sure Blake would beg to differ), but this month has just been nuts. Between working, Breigh's surgery, Cassie moving to Los Angeles... I feel like I'm running around like a chicken with its head chopped off. For real.

Today was such an easy day, work-wise - we had a few meltdowns from a 4 year old, but everything else was peachy. Breigh started having seizures this afternoon (I've heard she had 3 today), so tonight has been a bummer. Sometimes, when you hear about stuff like this happening to such a young person, you just get bummed out, you know? And it's so much more heartbreaking when it's happening to the person you've called your best friend for 19 years. It's hard. I'm trying not to let it get me down, because if she can stay positive throughout all of this, I can, too. It's just hard.

On a happier note - big things are being planned right now with the wedding. I finally had the fire lit under my big butt to get things moving. So I have a list made for things I need to search for at the thrifts, and supplies I need for the never ending list of DIY projects. Nailing out playlists, choosing jewelry, choosing a dress for the dinner portion of the wedding (!!! it's like shopping for a wedding dress all over again), choosing a wedding cake and toppers (we have a topper picked and holy fudge it's perfect!). I feel like I've been waiting months and months for this sort of wedding inspiration to hit me, and it finally has! I don't know if it's the fact that it's officially summertime and I know that summer always goes by in a flash, or if it's the fact that I have so much free time on my hands that I don't even know what to do with myself.

Anywho.
I'm hoping to get an update on Breigh soon. And I'll be sure to update here when I get that report.
I'm also hoping to share some of the wedding DIY progress (as soon as it starts happening...).

Summer is here, and it's time to get cracking on this wedding thing!
4 more months as of today! I can do this... 


3 comments:

  1. Still praying for Breigh. I keep seeing her picture posted with requests for prayers on IG, so I can tell she has touched so many lives already with her strength & spirit.

    Go get that wedding stuff, gal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jess! She's a tough one, but this time I'm legit freaking out.
      And yes! Wedding stuff is happening! Wish me luck and pray for no meltdowns!

      Delete
  2. Woo 4 months! I remember 5 months ago it was 4 months for me! This time is enjoyable - so enjoy it! Don't forget to treasure this time as well! After 2 months, time starts flying right past you. Soak it all in and enjoy inspirational moments like these :)

    ReplyDelete