Monday, August 5, 2013

#areadyheart

So I just got back from seeing Taylor Swift (okay, okay - she's totally my guilty pleasure and I refuse to be ashamed!), and I originally planned on sharing a few photos and videos from the concert, but this "bible study" was laid on my heart like you wouldn't believe, so I decided to share this, instead. (I probably will still post about T. Swift anyway, though. I just can't resist!) 

A couple of days ago, I pinned a photo that had a bunch of verses listed that apply to preparing yourself for marriage, under the title "A Ready Heart." I did the whole "pin now, read later" thing, and forgot about it for a while. Today, while browsing Pinterest, I decided to finally read what it was all about.
A couple of ladies have blogged about it, and I'm more convinced than ever that this is the perfect time to start a new Bible study. (And I'm no good at Bible studies, so we'll see how this goes.)
Side note: I have been reading the book "A Modern Girl's Guide to Bible Study" and I LOVE it. It definitely hit me with some major conviction, though. I'm one of those people who reads a book that's about God and about the Bible - and I call it a Bible study, but... I don't actually ever crack open a Bible. So when I read in the book that you can't call that a Bible study, and a true study includes picking a passage in the Bible and really studying it, I knew I had this whole Bible study thing all wrong. 
So when I found this specific study, which gives you a direct passage to study throughout the week, I knew this was the perfect way to start out a new way of reading my Bible (not to mention I bought a new Bible and it is so neat). 

There are 12 verses to study, and since there's only 8 weeks until the wedding, I doubled up on passages for all of August. I think that the actual format of this is to do one passage per day, for 12 days. But I'm going to make this a weekly thing, and spend more time on each passage and really study it and commit it to memory.
I'd like to do it for the 12 days leading to the wedding.. but I'm stressed as it is about this wedding, who knows what I'll be like the 2 weeks before! I know I need to make time for reading my Bible, and that's really what it comes down to (trying not to make excuses!), but I thought this would be a better way to ease into the daily Bible reading flow. :)

I'm so excited to share this study with you all, and if you want to join (single, engaged, married!), please do! I'll be sharing weekly on Instagram, so be sure to follow along, and even share your study, too! I'm starting today with Genesis 2:5-25, wish me luck!
xo Haley

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to look up this book. Sounds like a great way to spend some free time.

    Amanda Rose
    http://sewmuchtosay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been meaning to do the same thing on my blog!! I'll join you :)
    By the way, I absolutely loved your invitations! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete