Monday, September 16, 2013

Currently.

Reading // "Man Repeller: Seeking Love, Finding Overalls" by Leandra Medine (aka The Man Repeller). I just picked this up a few nights ago, and finally started reading it. The book is hilarious. Her blog is always hilarious. She's hilarious. The end.

Eating // nothing. But I will say I am dreaming of Andy's Frozen Custard riiiiight this minute. Blake and I received an Andy's gift card as a wedding gift. Um, GENIUS. I mean, who needs a gift card to some place like Target and Wal-Mart when you can buy them food, essentially?! ....I might start doing this as gifts. I am feeling rather inspired. #foodcoma

Thinking about // the wedding. When do I not, honestly. Over the past few days I have become increasingly stressed, and I might have reached my breaking point last night. I'm not quite sure yet. We still have 12 days to go, and the tears have only been spotty, not full on break downs yet, so you never know what'll happen in the next 12 days.... Knock on wood, this is the worst it gets.

Listening to // at the moment, "Fools" by The Dodos. Their album "Visiter" is one of my very favorite "fall" albums to listen to. I don't know what it is about it, but it just really feels like autumn. Because music can totally feel like a season. Totally.

Enjoying // The surprise of not knowing what my bachelorette party will entail. Usually, I hate surprises and I pry and pry until someone will give up details. But I am enjoying this whole not knowing what my bridesmaids are going to do thing! It's scary, but so fun! The party is this Saturday, so I'm hoping the week goes by quickly so we can party all night! (All night as in 10 pm bedtime. Right, ladies? RIGHT.) (P.s. I'm a grandma that gets into bed at 8 pm. I will not apologize for my odd sleeping habits!)

Watching // I'm getting really into Once Upon A Time right now. I honestly didn't think I'd like it, but it's sucked me in! My boss and the other two nannies are super into it. They're caught up on all the episodes and waiting for me to catch up so we can talk about it... but I'm barely half way through season one! I am excited to see what direction the show takes in the upcoming season(s), though. And I'm pretty darn excited about Once Upon a Time in Wonderland!
Also: Blake and I saw Insidious Chapter 2. Sometimes, I wish I was the type that blogged reviews and such. I'd love to break it down and analyze it here in this space, but alas - I'll spare you. Overall, I liked it. I closed my eyes a whole bunch, so I probably should give it another watch before I can fairly judge it. But the story, yes. Big A+ on that. The backstories, how everything connected? Genius move on the writers part. Crossing fingers for no more sequels and NO spin-off movies (which is what they set it up for.. ugh!).

Loving // Life. I know that sounds silly, but it's true. I have got some amazing folks in my life. I'd like to say that I don't complain about much, but let's be honest - I do. And with all of this wedding stress, that's only been amplified. I'm so grateful for the people who put up with my mood swings, my weird attitude, and my whining. Those are the real winners! If they can deal with me, they can conquer the world, I'm fairly positive.


This was a blog post without photos, so I'm pretty sure that means it's not a "real" post. I'll do better next time. <3

Haley

No comments:

Post a Comment