Sunday, March 23, 2014

Some days I absolutely love the idea of having blog. I love having a place to share my thoughts, happenings in my life, and connect with others. 
I love having a virtual memory book of sorts to go back through and read years down the road. Just today, I took a little stroll through my very first blog on WordPress and was ashamed at the amount of over sharing going on. But it was a blog I started at age 16, and treated it as a (fairly public) journal. 

And now, nearly 7 years later, I'm starting to realize how keeping a blog has shaped me as a person. Having kept it for the majority of my high school years, and throughout the first few years of college - readers who have stuck with me through the long haul have seen me go through bouts of depression, adventures in dating, adventures in major heartbreak and a big leap into newlywed life. 
Having a blog has allowed me to write down my feelings, events - big and small - in my life. 

But now. 
Now, I don't know what to make of this space anymore. 
It's just not me. It's not what I want to do anymore, no matter how much I love this little big community. 
Over the years, the feel of blogging has shifted entirely. To me, it has shifted in a negative way. More and more are jumping into an over-saturated pool of uniqueness and quirky girls with picture perfect lives. 
I think it's that pressure to keep up appearances, so to say, has left me drained. My blog has never been one to display my perfect life, or to display myself as something that I am so clearly not. 

So it is here that I bid farewell to this space, shutter the windows, and lock the doors. 
I've loved having this spot to share my life for the past 6+ years, and maybe this isn't really the end, but merely an extended vacation. Who really knows?
But for now, we're gonna call it quits for a while. 
Thank you for your love and support over the years. You all have truly been wonderful to me. As always, I love (love, love) to chat so if you ever wanna talk, drop me an email and we'll talk. Follow me on Instagram or Twitter! Keep in touch. <3

xo Haley

you can email me at ehaleytyson (at) gmail (dot) com. xo.

2 comments:

  1. how sad. I like that your place here is honest. while you may not blog here anymore I hope hope hope you continue writing somewhere, even if just occasionally about your faith and marriage and sex and the like. I think the post that you shared was open and INCREDIBLY necessary because so few people talk about it. Especially in the realm of religion. I think you have a great voice, and have a great base of readers should you chose to talk further about these sorts of things. I understand about not always wanting to blog though, I struggle with mine constantly. But if nothing else keep writing, maybe guest post. I don't know. Just don't give up on sharing your heart please. I know there are a lot of women young and not as young (I'm 28) that benefit from it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I refuse to acknowledge that this is happening. hashtag sad face.

    ReplyDelete